VNA of Albany provides skilled nursing, rehabilitative services (physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology) and medical social work services to patients who reside in Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Schoharie, Saratoga, Warren, and Washington counties.
All VNA services require a physician’s referral in order to initiate services. VNA of Albany services are considered skilled (requiring the services of a nurse or therapist) and “intermittent.”
VNA of Albany services may benefit patients who have:
- Chronic or new diagnoses, such as Diabetes, CHF, Asthma, COPD, CAD, Cancer, Wounds, or Recurrent UTI
- Multiple diagnoses or co-morbidities
- Recently post-surgical
- One or more ED or urgent care visits within past year
- Frequent follow-up appointments with provider, or the inability to make follow-up appointments
- Uncontrolled symptoms or are at risk for exacerbation of symptoms, requiring a need for closer monitoring between visits
- Medication issues such as changes in meds, compliance issues, or the need for education
- Need for physical rehabilitation
- Functional or cognitive deficits with potential to improve
- Knowledge deficits/ teaching needs
To initiate a referral for VNA of Albany services, click here or call VNA’s Intake Department at (518) 489-2681.
Our Clinical Liaison RN Supervisors can provide specific information to physician offices or facilities on how to complete a referral. The Liaison is available to answer your questions by phone, or can provide an in-service to your clinical team. To speak with a Clinical Liaison Supervisor call (518) 489-2681.
35 Colvin Avenue
Albany, NY 12206