VNA of Albany provides skilled nursing, rehabilitative services (physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech language pathology) and medical social services to patients who reside in the counties of Albany, Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Schoharie, Saratoga, Warren and Washington.
All VNA services require a physician’s referral in order to initiate services.
VNA of Albany services are considered skilled (requiring the services of a nurse or therapist) and “intermittent.”
Patients who may benefit from VNA of Albany services:
- Chronic or new diagnoses
- Diabetes, CHF, Asthma, COPD, CAD, Cancer, Wounds, Recurrent UTI
- Multiple diagnoses or co-morbidities
- Recently post-surgical
- One or more ED or urgent care visits within past year
- Frequent follow-up appointments with provider, or inability of patient to make follow-up appointments
- Uncontrolled symptoms or those at risk for exacerbation of symptoms, requiring a need for closer monitoring between visits
- Medication issues such as changes in meds, compliance issues, need for education
- Need for physical rehabilitation
- Functional or cognitive deficits with potential to improve
- Knowledge deficits/ teaching needs
To initiate a referral for VNA of Albany services, click here or call VNA’s Intake Department at 518-489-2681.
VNA of Albany has Clinical Liaison RN Supervisors who can provide specific information to physician offices or facilities on how to complete a referral. The Liaison is available to answer your questions by phone, or can provide an in-service to your clinical team. To speak with our Clinical Liaison Supervisors call 518-489-2681.